Friday, June 22, 2018

In the Fields of Time by Mahvash Mossaed

I am moon; you are sun.  Colored by Marion.



IN THE FIELDS OF TIME
By Mahvash Mossaed

Walking on an eggshell,
With a piece of cloud on a string as my kite.
I am going nowhere, lost in the fields of time.
Running around, looking for a good wind.

I have a body which will not last me long.
I have a soul which wants to come out and fly.
And I know when I go back where I came from,
when I go back home, God will be there waiting for me.

But for now I will fly my soul like a piece of a cloud,
or like a kite, while I am running around in the fields of time.


~π~π~π~π~

I succeeded in getting up this morning.  Now, to make it through another lonely day.  The flowers need watering and the cats need to be fed.  There's that... 

~π~π~π~π~

"As we do at such times
I turned on my automatic pilot
and went through the motions of normalcy on the outside,
so that I could concentrate all my powers
on surviving the near-mortal wound inside." 
                       ~ Sonia Johnson

~π~π~π~π~

"There is no coming to consciousness without pain." 
                       ~Carl Jung 

~π~π~π~π~

Life is suffering. ~Buddha

~π~π~π~π~

Psalm 126:5, 6 - "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."

2 comments:

Snowbrush said...

You are quite the colorer! Do you display the pieces you finish.

I very much like the Sonia Johnson quote, and the one from Psalms.

Marion said...

Thank you, Snow. I post my coloring pages here & on Instagram from time to time. I'm ms.dragonfly80 on Instagram.