Where did you go, July, and why are you leaving so suddenly?
Got my first Moonflower on a rainy night.
And an amazing book of poetry from a friend.
A visiting green Dragonfly on my Rose Geranium.
A blue Dragonfly I coaxed onto my foot.
Oh, all those lucious, fresh tomatoes on lots of bacon/tomatoe sandwiches!
My favorite saying on one of my many book bags.
A spider friend living in my Azalea bushes.
An awesome book I sent my granddaughter last week. The princess saves the prince from the dragon and decides she doesn't like the prince after all and will not marry him. This is an anti-Disney propaganda book that teaches little girls to think for themselves and not swallow every stereotype that comes along. Every little girl should read it or have it read to her. It's a classic!
I hope you had a wonderful July. I can't wait to see what August has in store!!
"The clock talked loud. I threw it away, it scared me what it talked." ~Tillie Olsen, Tell Me a Riddle
+ + + + +
"Time is the only thief we can't get justice against." ~Astrid Alauda
+ + + + +
"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." ~Fr. Alfred D'Souza
+ + + + +
Books & magazines I read this month:
1. Room by Emma Donoghue
2. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
3. The Glass Rainbow by James Lee Burke
4. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
5. Dracula by Bram Stoker
6. The City of Dreadful Night by James Thomson
7. Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
8. More Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
9. Further Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
10. Babycakes by Armistead Maupin
11. Significant Others by Armistead Maupin
12. Adam and Eve by Sena Jeter Naslund
13. The Paris Review, Summer 2010 Issue
14. Zoetrope: All-Story, Summer 2010 Issue, Guest Designer, P. J. Harvey
15. Vanity Fair, July Issue
16. Country Home, July 2010 Issue
17. Poetry, Summer 2010 Issue
18. Tin House, Fantastic Women Issue, Volume 9, Number 1
19. I Stole a Rock by Sara King
20. Harper's Magazine, July 2010 Issue
21. Totally Tangled by Sandy Bartholomew (a FUN zentangle drawing meditation book).
22. Neil Young's Greendale, (a graphic novel) by Josh Dysart
23. Karma Bites by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas
24. Supernatural Love, Poems 1976 - 1992 by Gjertrud Schnackenberg