Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flowers, Poetry of Mother Earth


Tiny, new Pink Knockout Rose wet with the morning dew.

The first burst of yellow in the form of my showy Yellow Canna, first Canna to bloom this year. I also have red ones and peach ones. They're very easy to grow and spread like wildfire.


My daughter and I love magnetic poetry. I gave her a small nature set and this is a 12 year old boy's idea of what to do with magnetic poetry----make a robot monster, of course! We don't all think alike or create alike, thank God! I respect the individuality in all people.



My first red rose from one of six bushes that my sweet husband bought for me this year. It's called "Oklahoma" and is an everyblooming hybrid tea rose with large, fragrant red blooms. We had a small shower and the rose was still rain-kissed when I took her photograph. Isn't she beautiful?

Blessings and Love,

~Marion

God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars. ~Martin Luther

Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy. Trees are happy for no reason; they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents and they are not going to become rich and they will never have any bank balance. Look at the flowers - for no reason. It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are. ~Osho

I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.... People think pleasing God is all God care about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back. ~Alice Walker, The Color Purple, 1982









4 comments:

Renee said...

Marion, I am so sorry that happened.

Something is going on in blogland because you are about the 10th person in a few days that has been hurt.

I hate that.

Can you not just delete the comment. View the comments and then don't post them until they are positive and something you want to share.

I think that it is a shame for you to take off the poem that touched the rest of us.

I like this Marion.

There was a guy who walked everyday with his pal and bought a paper at a newstand. The newstand guy was a total grump and when the guy bought the paper he would always say, thankyou and have a great day. The newstand guy barely acknowledged him.

Finally his pal said why do you keep buying there? He is miserable.

The guy said 'I'll be damned if I let someone like him control how I am going to feel.'

I love you Marion and you are brilliant.

Without you I would not even be turned on to poetry.

Love Renee xoxo

Marion said...

Thank you, Renee. I'm really too sensitive and I don't know why I let people get to me. I may put it back. I don't know. It was the first poem I'd finished and worked hard on in a very long time and I had such postive feedback then WHAM, an insult. It just knocked me off my feet, emotionally. Thank you for being your own sweet, encouraging self, Renee. You're one of the reasons I keep on trucking. (((HUGS)))

Linda S. Socha said...

I hope you put it back darling. All are entitled to their opinions...all are not entitled to unkindness in the expression of those opinions. I love your poems and your poetic thinking in general....I hope if any further insults occur you will rapidly just delete them and preserve the thing worth preserving....your poetry....
Linda

Judith Ellis said...

I agree with Linda wholeheartedly. Also, I wonder if you can find the strength in such situations to become stronger still. These are opportunities of growth, as are rejections by friends and foes. We are not perfect and we must not expect others to be. We say and do things that we shouldn't, at least I do.

Perhaps some may be offended after writing their thoughts only to have them deleted. I am most certainly not and others may not be either. I simply say this to say that we are all managing our emotions and at one time or another we may not be such good managers.

There is also something within me which screams do not allow others to define who you are or allow others to dictate your emotions. Blessings to you today, tomorrow, the day after, and so on and peace and love to you continuously.

Your poetry is lovely.