Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Flowers are Earth's Poetry


My first rose to bloom was this long-stemmed white John F. Kennedy rose. It was absolutley gorgeous. The day after it bloomed a huge windstorm came and blew it to pieces. (A magnificently strange storm with no thunder or lightning or rain---just clouds and wind---it was awesome!) Thankfully, I got a shot of it before it was gone. It's loaded with buds as are all of my other rose bushes now. Ray planted me 6 rose bushes in the back yard in a new rose bed. Two of them are the Knockout Roses and they're already bushy with lots of buds.



This is Nashville Buddha in his newly cleaned out flower bed/rock garden right beside my carport. It was full of Lemon Mint which is sprouting all over the yard so we pulled it up and planted Pansies. Later, I'll add more flowers for his viewing pleasure.





This is a wild Violet that Ray picked for me today across the street in the woods. It smells heavenly. He wanted to dig some up and plant them in the yard, but I wouldn't let him because they're so pretty along the edge of the woods.






One of my purple Iris's. They're very showy this year, in spite of the weeds in their bed. I really miss being able to spend hours pulling weeds and working in my flower beds. . . Ray's not too big on weeding and I used to find it relaxing. I can sit and do some of it, but not as much as I used to. Bummer.




And finally, Cody, heading for the woods across the street. I picked my first Strawberries today and they were sweeter than candy! I seem to have a great crop coming along. I might actually get some jam this year. Last year we ate them as soon as they were ripe! Same with the blueberries. I only got about 8 jars of Blueberry jam and Mary Mace got most of that. She loves my homemade jams and won't share them with anyone.

Blessings, Peace & Hugs,
~~Marion, wishing you flowers this Easter season.......

"If you pass by the color purple in a field and don't notice it, God gets real pissed off." ~Alice Walker, 'The Color Purple'

"When bright flowers bloom
Parchment crumbles, my words fade
The pen has dropped ..." ~Morpheus

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anais Nin





3 comments:

quid said...

What a beautiful post. I still have shots of your moonflower to frame at home.

Hugs. quid

Kelly said...

I just love all your flowers! You have SUCH a green thumb!!

I have pictures of Esther peering at me with the same look Cody has there. She's usually searching for "the spot" and is giving me a "would you quit watching!!!" look.

Pam said...

*Sigh* I guess I could always just plant your photos....

They're gorgeous!