Monday, February 29, 2016

My Friend, Pammie Is In Heaven

Pam, my imaginary friend who became real.

I 'met' Pam, (I called her Pammie), her sister Kelly and our friend Lynn through an old writing site, long gone, called Pearl Soup.  We then got together in a private Yahoo 'Princess' group with several other women (Sherry!) where we discussed books, men, kids, grandkids, pets and life in general.  We had a blast.  Oh, the stories we shared!!  Pammie had THE best man story ever, hands down, but it's a secret.  She was a pistol, a real Texas sweetheart.  

She loved her family (especially her beloved grandsons) and her dogs, who she called her fur kids.  Then a few years back (how the years have flown by!) me, Lynn, Pam and Kelly all met at the beautiful "Cane River Cottage" on Cane River Lake near Natchitoches, Louisiana for a long weekend.  (Below are photos from their web site).  We had so much fun...it was like we'd known each other our whole lives from the moment we met.  We talked ourselves hoarse, ate, watched movies (I remember "Steel Magnolias" and "Stardust") and talked some more.  We ate out in Natchitoches and I showed them some of the places where "Steel Magnolias" was filmed.  It was a magical time making real friends of imaginary ones.  (I used to call my Internet friends imaginary...but I've met almost ten and made them real). :-)

                                                 Cane River Cottages

      The gorgeous living room where we watched movies, talked and laughed A LOT!!! 


Sadly, our Pammie died last week from a sudden illness that hit her just before Christmas.  She will be greatly missed.  I know she's in heaven with her fur kids and parents.  And I'm so grateful for the wonderful, sweet memories I have of Pammie.  I'm glad she was my friend.

I was reading back on my blog and found this comment that Pam left under a post I'd written after my grand-dog, Olympis, died in 2009:


"As the pillow Kelly gave me from Christmas says:  

'Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.'

How true; how true!"


Pammie, I know you're in a much better place where there is no pain or suffering.  And I can just imagine the joyous smile on your face as your fur kids and family members who've gone before you greeted you at Heaven's gate.  I will always love you, dearest big-hearted friend.  xxoo, Marion



“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.” ~Erma Bombeck


John 14:1-6


1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry!

erin said...

she has such beautiful expressive eyes. i just can't seem to imagine well enough when the special people leave us...

i'm glad you've had such intimacies, marion, with such dynamic women.

Kelly said...

Oh, Marion... thank you for this - it's beautiful! Those photos from Natchitoches bring back such good memories! I'll forever treasure that weekend.

Considering how many dogs I've loved and lost over the years, I may get mauled with slobbery kisses when I get to heaven!

quid said...


Such wonderful memories, ML. I particularly thought the Erma Bombeck post was an exact fit to her lifetime. I loved this post.

quid