Sunday, August 23, 2015

books, clinging and clouds...

"If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable." From "Burnt Norton", I

    " ...tendril and spray clutch and cling..."  (Photo taken minutes ago, before reading this...)

                     clematis, freshly open

         "The black cloud carries the sun away..."

IV

Time and the bell have buried the day,
The black cloud carries the sun away.
Will the sunflower turn to us, will the clematis
Stray down, bend to us; tendril and spray
Clutch and cling?

     Chill
Fingers of yew be curled
Down on us?  After the kingfisher's wing
Has answered light to light, and is silent, the light is still
At the still point of the turning world.

From "Four Quartets - Burnt Norton" By T. S. Eliot

___________________________________________

Arranging, contemplating and perusing my books last week, I found six copies of Eliot's "Four Quartets" and three copies of Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast".  (I used to give away more books than I kept and the Universe always rewarded me with more books.  The law of giving and receiving.  Yes, it's a Universal and Biblical law.)  Now I place them in labeled containers for my children and grandchildren.  

No comments: