Saturday, March 6, 2021

God Bless the South! 1970s Music is the Best!

“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything”.  ~PLATO


The music of my youth, back when freedom & free speech reigned.  Good times & great memories.  Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.  Weekend mood:



FREE BIRD - Lynyrd Skynyrd - 7/2/1977
So many gorgeous Southern girls, rocking down...
We were so young & beautiful...


SWEET HOME ALABAMA 7/2/1977
Southern music is the best...







2 comments:

Kelly said...

Two excellent songs. I love Southern Rock.

Snowbrush said...

Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane went down twenty miles from my house, and was later brought into town in pieces. I went to see it, and thought about taking a piece home for a souvenir of the group, but decided against it. Now, on the rare occasions when I listen to them, I think of that huge Confederate flag and wonder how they would be received now. At the time, I has problems with their flag because I took it to represent a combination of traditional Southern white culture (whatever that is) and nihilistic rebellion against the status quo. Now, of course, it just represents the horrors of slavery that not only made life miserable for black people but made it impossible for white workers to compete against people who were forced to work without pay. In other words, it propped up the rich at the expense of everyone else in society.