Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Let Me Be Your Tattoo by Marion

Project semicolon... Life is precious ---


LET ME BE YOUR TATTOO
By Marion

Let me be a tattoo
on your cold, hard heart:
an arrow to pierce the plate of steel
protecting the soft, pliable tissue;
a black rose dripping red blood
onto your colorless psyche
to awaken you;
a skull and crossbones covering your third chakra
as a warning to others: fear me;
a slimy snake, slithering up your throat
to choke back your angry words;
an Indian chief on your left bicep
to cover an ancient wound;
an angel on your right shoulder to
watch over and protect you
from yourself.
Let me be your tattoo and
I’ll let you mark me forever
with the indelible ink
of your delicious,
dangerous love.

2011


I am not what I used to be. ~from "House of Leaves" by Mark Danielewski

No comments: