Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!


Two of my new dolls, "Draculaura & Frankie Stein".

 “May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.” ― Neil Gaiman

And I'm adding these to Mr. Gaiman's list:  Read, buy & write lots of poetry, play with dolls, moonbathe, grow flowers, do something that scares you, pray, play in the rain, don't act your age, sit on a truck tailgate and swing your legs, rescue a pet, give away stuff, tell a friend you love them, make peace with the past, skip down the street, live moment by moment and most of all LOVE & FORGIVE (especially yourself) with all your heart, mind, soul and being.  xo

Love & Hugs,
Marion

For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"

8 comments:

Kelly said...

What perfect lists - both Mr. Gaiman's AND yours!!!

I will do my best, Marion.

(((hugs))) and a very happy new year!!

erin said...

here here!

much love, marion. can you even begin to imagine what this next year might hold? it might be anything. it will be something.

xo
erin

Marion said...

Thanks, Kelly! (((Hugs))) to you, too. I sincerely appreciate your constant friendship. Happy New Year to you and your precious family. Love you! xo

Erin, I'm going to imagine all good things like getting my sanity back on track (ha!), being kinder to my friends & family & myself. The older I get, the more I see that nothing makes sense but to try to learn and practice true compassion. Yes, this year will be full of spectacular surprises, I just know it. Love you! xo

Wine and Words said...

Oh I love that Eliot quote! I love the part about swinging your legs off a tailgate. It struck me as something childlike that even the elderly can do, but I've never seen it. I've never seen the can sitting along side the truck bed and knee high hose rumpling down ankles that swing sensible shoes. I will make sure that I at least see myself do such a thing.

Love you sweet friend. I am now getting mail!!!! I put something in the mail for you as well.

Ben Ditty said...

Ooo I wrote a poem for my book about moonbathing, or that mentioned moonbathing.


I miss the sun;
It’s there but hidden
By the season– covered
Like the ground with leaves.
The moon won’t tan
And I can’t bathe.

quid said...

Lovely New Year's post!!!

quid

Snowbrush said...

Goodness, I've never seen such dolls. Peggy has quite a collection of stuffed animals as well as a big doll she cherishes--and named after my mother--but I don't think her doll and your dolls go to the same nightclubs.

Marion said...

Snow, your comment made my day. Nightclubs.....LOL!! I have about 12 "Monster High Dolls" and LOVE them. I bought some for my granddaughter for Christmas and found out I couldn't part with them...so I bought her some more and she's nuts about these crazy dolls, too. I got them at Wally World where they run from $10 to $15 each. They're now selling online for up to $100. Supply and demand, I guess. Thanks for stopping by, my friend. xoxo