Saturday, May 23, 2009

Highway Poem #7 - Instructions Along the Way


Happy Saturday! A few years back I wrote a series of poems I called the 'Highway Series', metaphors of the roads and highways as life. This little one is a favorite because it was so much fun to write. Every time I read it, I get something different out of it and it never fails to make me smile. It's another of those "read between the lines" poems.

Put what you will in the spaces between the words and be entertained.

Peace, Love, Blessings and Poems to YOU on this rainy, overcast day in Louisiana!

~*~Marion~*~

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Instructions Along the Way
By Marion

One way.
No right turn.
EXIT ONLY!
No turn on red.
STOP!
Yield.
Curves Ahead.
Soft Shoulder.
Men Working.
Slippery When Wet.
Speed Bump.
May Ice in Cold Weather.
Road Narrows.
Dead End.

~Marion
7/3/07
===============================================

9 comments:

Renee said...

Marion I told a lady 'Women in a window' who comes to my blog and writes amazing poetry about you the other day.

I think you should check her out because I think you would both really like each other.

I love the poem.

Love Renee xoxoxo

Marion said...

Thanks, Renee. I found Woman in a Window at your blog and already connected to her!!!! (Great minds really do think alike---LOL!). I love her writing soooo much. I just love the interconnectedness of life and blogging!!!!

Margaret Pangert said...

That was an interesting stroll through life; of course, the ending is always the same. What struck me on this read-thru was "Exit Only!" I hold on so tenaciously even when there is little comfort. That sign is clearly posted, and I don't follow it because I'm being "strong, persevering, etc." Food for tought. Thanks, Marion.

quid said...

Hadn't seen this one, and it is priceless. Q

Delwyn said...

Hi Marion, well done...

But I don't think this is my road...

I took 'the one less travelled'...without the sign posts,

and while it appears to have a dead end it's only a mirage...

Happy Days

Kelly said...

Considering I often don't get what I'm supposed to get out of a poem, I really enjoy ones like this that I can interpret how I want to!

I remember some others from your "Highway Series" that were wonderful. I'd love to see more of them here!

Unknown said...

i loved the poem dear Marion and don't miss me too much, i am hear reading all the time, i just don't always comment !!

Anonymous said...

Very good, you. I am reading this how life is and I am liking her how I can read her this way.

Woman in a Window said...

I am entertained but I think my mind is in the gutter. Is that where it's supposed to be?

And I'm chuckling at Renee up there...so you're the Marion she was talking about. Perfect!