Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Alive by J. Stone - For Renee



ALIVE
By J. Stone


The most visible creators I know of
are those artists whose medium
is life itself.


The ones who express
the inexpressible---
without brush, hammer, clay, or
guitar.
They neither paint nor sculpt---
their medium is being.


Whatever their presence touches
has increased life.
They see and don't have to draw.
They are the artists of being
alive.


J. Stone, from "Bedside Prayers", edited by June Cotner


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


My friend Renee is the most alive person I know on the planet. When I read this awesome little poem this morning, her name immediately popped into my head. Renee, you are a warrior, an angel and a true friend. Thank you for being you and for sharing your beautiful warrior spirit with all of us. I love you!


Blessings, Peace, Love & Healing,


~*~Marion~*~


Here's Renee's blog address:


http://circlingmyhead.blogspot.com



9 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! That's a wonderful poem!

Karen said...

I love the idea of being an artist of being alive. What a gift to have. I'd say it's you, Marion.

xoxoxo and hugs to Renee. I know she needs them.

Janelle Goodwin said...

Beautiful and poignant poem. I can think of some people in my life who were truly what this poem described. Artists of life!

Margaret Pangert said...

Congratulations, Renee, for a special tribute! I'm coming to visit!
I love the image of being under water just to above your eyes. It's different under there.
The poem made me think about Neal Cassady. He was one of the Jack Kerouac beats and considered by all to be a genius. however, he never wrote or producted anything; his presence said it all. xxox

Delwyn said...

Hi Marion

I love this little poem and yes Renee exemplifies those sentiments...

Happy days

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words, you and I would say they apply to you too!

Marion said...

Oh my goodness, thank you all for the kind words. I really appreciate & love you all. Blessings!!

(Annie & Phoenix, I was totally butter-fingered yesterday and accidentally lost your comments. I hit the wrong button!!! Please forgive me, but I did read them!!)

FYI, The illustration was from a magazine and I get so many free from the library which I cut up and use for decoupage that I can't recall the name of it, but I think it was the Buddhist magazine 'Tricycle'. The artist is Irene Hardwicke Olivieri and the title of the art is 'Still a Tadpole, Already a Frog'.

Wishing you all a peaceful, happy, Blessed week!!

Serena said...

That's so beautiful, and beautiful of you to do for Renee.

Marion said...

Thanks, SJ. Renee is a saint and a poet of living, for sure! Blessings!