Friday, April 22, 2022

Louis Ramey, Fabulous Comedian

“Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the same well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears. And how else can it be? The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven? And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?”



“I would not exchange the laughter of my heart for the fortunes of the multitudes; nor would I be content with converting my tears, invited by my agonized self, into calm. It is my fervent hope that my whole life on this earth will ever be tears and laughter. Tears that purify my heart and reveal to me the secret of life and its mystery, Laughter that brings me closer to my fellow men; Tears with which I join the broken-hearted, Laugher that symbolizes joy over my very existence.”


🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸





1 comment:

Snowbrush said...

I'm going to leave my last comment again just to be doubly sure that it reaches you:

Several days ago, I left two long comments on your blog, both of which you have thus far blocked just as you often block my comments. One of those two comments was in response to your complaint about "Communists" censoring your comments. Why then, if you're opposed to censoring comments, do you censor over half of my comments? Are you saying that "Communist" censorship is not okay, but your censorship is okay? If you're going to block my comments as inappropriate, not because they're abusive, but simply because I sometimes disagree with you, I see no point in visiting your blog. Because you have long told me how much you care for me, I always expect that, this time, things will be different, that, this time, you won't insult me by blocking my comments. I feel like Charlie Brown who consistently gets suckered into believing that, this time, Nancy is sincere, that, this time, Nancy won't yank the football away when he tries to kick it.