Saturday, May 2, 2020

Ah, to be 16...


Sixteen
By Carolyn Cahalan

Sixteen
Sees and laughs,
Sleeps and eats,
Aches and cries,
Babbles, thinks,
Loves and hates,
Stretches, lives
And hopefully waits.

*+*+*+*+*

My amazing granddaughter, Mary Mace.  She’s joyful perfection, as we all were at 16.  I first read the poem above in my English book when I was thirteen years old.  Mary loves reading, poetry, photography, sewing, painting, drawing, crafts and school, among other things.  She runs track and plays volleyball. She and a friend took these pictures this week.  I love her fiercely.






2 comments:

Terra said...

Your granddaughter is so pretty and has lots of interests and talents. I like the third photo with the wind blowing her hair.

Kelly said...

She's such a beauty, Marion. I remember when...... ;)