Thursday, November 21, 2019

Indigo Dreams by Marion






Indigo Dreams

By Marion Lawless

Purple Kale
Purple glass
Grape.
                  Indigo
                                   Indigo book---
                                   Indigo kitchen stools---
                                   Indigo mystery.

I drank Purple Russian Kale
in my plastic purple glass
and it transmogrified into
a misty, holy, Russian Mass
in a huge psychedelic cathedral with
melting stained glass windows.

                               ---imagiNATION

Modigliani was a poet;
his medium was paint on canvas.
He loved long-necked women
and Absinthe---green liquor
that took him to dream worlds---

Dearest poet, I love you the way 
purple loves the elusive indigo,
the way paint lusts for canvas and
the way words and ink crave paper...
the way my fingers love
the feel of dirt as I plant
eggplants and tomatoes.
I dream of touching your skin
the way sunlight caresses
the tips of the trees...

I think of your dark, long hair
tangled in a soft morning breeze,
your face upturned as words
come to you---pure & unfiltered.

I wake, 
eager to read them.


Marion L.
5/17/17

No comments: