Monday, April 29, 2019

Dear Morning by Marion

I grew this magnificent being...

Squash blossom

Past year’s flags & new year’s.  Let your freak flags fly!!!!



Dear Morning:
By Marion

I wake with these lyrics
going round and round my head:

"And the days go by
like a strand in the wind
in the web that is my own
I begin again..."  ~Stevie Nicks, 'Edge of Seventeen'

I put the coffee on, then
head out the back sliding
glass doors to the patio.

The morning dew glistens on the 
freshly cut grass and
dragonflies dip and sip
like flying jewels,
wings sparkling
in the new day's sun.

I am present for this moment.
I'm alive and I see.
What more is there?

I water the garden.
The Bush Beans are
leaning, reaching
toward the rising sun.
The Squash blossoms 
vibrate with yellow-ness.
The Tomato leaves 
generously release
their unique fragrance---

The Catalpa tree
drops a blossom at
my dew-covered bare feet.
I look up...there are no blossoms
anywhere on the old tree.
A gift, this little Orchid-like
flower.  Thank you, tree.

Birdsong surrounds me,
a chorus of life and joy.

Thank you, Morning,
for your generous gifts.




2 comments:

PhilipH said...

Definitely a "Guten Morgen, Frau Marion". Hope you are well.

Marion said...

Danke mein Herr, Philip. I am doing okay. I hope you, too, are well! xo