Sunday, February 18, 2018

C. D. Wright, Approximately Forever

A notebook I collaged.


"Lead me, guide me to the light of your paper.  Keep me in the arc of your acuity.  And when the ream is spent, write a poem on my back.  I'll never wash it off."  ~C. D. Wright, from "Deepstep Comes Shining".

 ~×~×~×~
Approximately Forever
By C. D. Wright

She was changing on the inside
it was true what had been written

The new syntax of love
both sucked and burned

The secret clung around them
She took in the smell

Walking down a road to nowhere
every sound was relevant

The sun fell behind them now
he seemed strangely moved

She would take her clothes off
for the camera

she said in plain english
but she wasn’t holding that snake
C. D. Wright, “Approximately Forever” from Steal Away: New and Selected Poems.

1 comment:

Snowbrush said...

As I always say, what good is a snakeless nude.