Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Opal by Amy Lowell


Opal
By Amy Lowell

You are ice and fire,
The touch of you burns my hands like snow.
You are cold and flame.
You are the crimson of amaryllis,
The silver of moon-touched magnolias.
When I am with you,
My heart is a frozen pond
Gleaming with agitated torches.

~~~~~~~~~~
I sincerely thank those of you who have stuck with me over the years of my poetry obsession and rants. I appreciate and love you all and wish you all a happy, healthy, 2015.

xo,
Marion 🌹

8 comments:

Karen said...

Happy to be here, Marion! Have a most blessed new year!

Kelly said...

Happy New Year to you, too, my friend!

Wine and Words said...

Great juxtaposition of images. So like life. From the heat to the freeze. Each brings a shock that revitalizes the system. Experiencing the extremes we can appreciate all the degrees of comfort in between.

Love you my Marion. I started here in blogland. I imagine I will end here with you at some point :)

Happy 2015!

Chrisy said...

I too am a little poetry obsessed! Thank you for sharing. Hope the New Year brings you all you wish for.

Marion said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. xo

quid said...

Beautiful, poetic end to 2014.
Not a great year for me, so I have high hopes for 2015! Happy New Year, my dear.

quid

erin said...

marion, it was you who first brought me deeper into the depths of this mad stinking sweet world)))

xo
erin

Marion said...

Oh, Erin...you have enriched my life more than anyone I know...reading your poetry/writing was a kick in the ass to my lagging creativity when I found you at Woman in a Window under that bare lightbulb, writing, so many years ago. I'm overjoyed to have dropped some poetry-crumbs along our life path that you have followed and been nourished by. (Did that make sense?). You have always had the poetry in you. You have far surpassed me, and for this I am supremely grateful and awed. Love you, my brave, beautiful forever friend. xo