Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Little Rumi

The Passionflower vine that planted itself now produces flowers.  Life's a trip sometimes.
 
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *


Love lit a fire in my chest, and anything
that wasn't love left:  intellectual
subtlety, philosophy books,
school.
All I want now
to do or hear
is poetry.

~RUMI


-----------------------------------------------------

My Weeping Willow tree died.  It was thriving last year.  I'm not sure if it was the super cold winter we had or what, but it's history.  It's about the 10th one I've planted that lived a few years, then died.  That's life, I guess.

I discovered a new tree to try, a Weeping Mulberry.  My daughter in Nashville has this one in her front yard and sent me the photo.  I'm totally intrigued.  It also makes fruit (the female tree) that birds love and it's a fast grower.  I waited too late to plant it this year, but come next Spring, I'm planting one: 

Weeping Mulberry Tree
 
 
Storms are expected today & tomorrow and here come the thunder.  We need the rain.  It's already been in the 90's for the past few days.  Yikes!  And it's still early May.

I hope all you mothers out there have a wonderful Mother's Day.  We're visiting Mama one day next week and I can't wait to see her.  She's improved since the stroke, but her back is getting worse with a diagnosis of perhaps paralysis soon.  I hope and pray not.  Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers.

xo,
Marion


"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~Tenneva Jordan

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That flower is gorgeous! I'm fascinated by that tree, too. I think you need to get one!

Waiting on the storms to come through.....

erin said...

i can't help but keep your mama in my thoughts))))

as to nature, it's the darndest thing, full of complexities and miracles. hope it's reserving some miracle to throw your way. happy mother's day, marion)))

xo
erin

Wine and Words said...

Wow. A weeping mulberry sounds awesome. Maybe it will be heartier! Mama!!!! Still wish I'd met her. Perhaps, eh? We need rain too, but all we're getting is wind. Bleh. Just messes with the hair :)

Love you girl.

Marion said...

Thanks, Kelly. If you ever want to try it, I'll send you a piece of the vine. You just put it in water till it makes a few roots, then into the dirt. It grows like weeds and spreads by magic. LOL! Have a Happy Mother's Day, pal! xo

Thank you, Erin. I think it's appropriate that 'nature' is called "Mother Nature", don't you? God, how I love all of Nature...the good and the bad, the dragonflies and the bees, the zillions of plants and the snakes, too. You have a wonderful Mother's Day, too, my friend. xo

Annie! I've missed seeing you here. I hope you'll get to meet Mama, too. My sister said Mama was losing her memory....NOT! I called her and she chewed my ass out for not calling in two weeks. I think she keeps it on the calendar. Ha! Love you, too, my friend. Have a Happy Mother's Day!! XO

quid said...

Thinking of your mom right now, and hoping she is doing all right. I'm sure she loved seeing you!

quid