Sunday, July 24, 2011

Amy Winehouse - Rest In Peace





"A poet is an unhappy being whose heart is torn by secret sufferings, but whose lips are so strangely formed that when the sighs and the cries escape them, they sound like beautiful music...and then people crowd about the poet and say to them:  'Sing for us soon again;' that is as much as to say, 'May new sufferings torment your soul.'"  ~Kierkegaard

==================================
Ms. Winehouse died today.  My heart goes out to her family.  I love her music and her unique, soulful voice.  She will be missed.  :-(

11 comments:

quid said...

Synchronicity... you introduced me to her music. I'm feeling likewise today.

quid

Kelly said...

I think her demons were what made her music so soulful. A sad loss.

Ben Ditty said...

She very much will :(

A wonderful quote you chose.

ds said...

I was never a big fan of Ms. Winehouse, but no one's life should end at 27. That is a great tragedy.
Love the quote...

Serena said...

This is so sad. She had such a unique voice and so much potential. May she be at peace now.

Laurie said...

What an amazing quote! You are so good at finding the perfect words. And it is such a true quote. I am very sad about Amy. :(

Bubba said...

Not a big surprise, given her choice of lifestyle, but still a shame nonetheless, and a shining example why one of my most repeated life-mantas is: "Learn from the mistakes of others."

Wine and Words said...

Mmmmm. I loved Amy's music. I agree with that quote. Hell yes. My best writing, music, photography comes from my grief or unrest. I almost wish it on myself, for the art it creates in the need for release. Shit. I can't help wondering at the art of her we will miss. What would have come next?

erin said...

the kierkegaard quote is a wonderful offering, marion. yes, she must have had demons too great, too great.

xo
erin

* said...

R.I.P., Amy.

Rick said...

hi marion
this one hit me hard as i took amy into my heart long ago. and f%ck the music-tho it was brilliant. i loved amy for amy, flaws and all.
i wrote a piece about this just today.
rick