Friday, May 24, 2013

Love Poem to No-One In Particular by Mark O'Brien


photo from Pinterest


Love Poem to No-One in Particular
By Mark O'Brien


let me touch you with my words
for my hands lie limp as empty gloves
let my words stroke your hair
slide down your back
and tickle your belly
for my hands, light and free flying as bricks
ignore my wishes and stubbornly refuse to carry out my quietest desires
let my words enter your mind
bearing torches
admit them willingly into your being
so they may caress you gently
within

 

-------------------------------

 
This movie is about the poet, Mark O'Brien, who lived most of his life in an iron lung after contracting polio at the age of 6.  It's based on an article he wrote for "The Sun" magazine  about sex and the disabled and about his experiences with a sex surrogate.
 
The article is here if you'd care to read it:
 
 
 
I laughed and cried through most of the movie.  It's the most touching, beautiful movie I've seen in a very long time.  It'll change your life...for the better. 
 
xo,
Marion
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
"For women the best aphrodisiacs are words. The G-spot is in the ears. He who looks for it below there is wasting his time." ~Isabel Allende
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
"A chicken and an egg are lying in bed. The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a satisfied smile on its face and the egg is frowning and looking put out. The egg mutters to no one in particular, "I guess we answered that question." ~Author Unknown

 
* * * * * * * * * *

 

4 comments:

erin said...

the poem becomes something else knowing more about the poet. is it always the case? most definitely in this case. (i kiss this blessed body.)

(but how i laugh at the last quote about the chicken and the egg.)

xo
erin

Jonas said...

Yes, what Erin said.

quid said...

Exotic and erotic poem!

I loved, loved, loved that movie.

quid

Unknown said...

I am happy to see and follow your post. You are working good that is why I am always following you. Thank you.
digital marketing company in india