Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kafka and Tom Robbins. Why Not??

This is a gorgeous stray cat I was photographing in my back yard in early Spring. I seem to have this effect on male felines. They see me, fall down and roll in ecstasy. Tee-Hee.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



The above photos relate to my very favorite Kafka quote:

"You don't need to leave your room.
Remain sitting at your table and listen.
Don't even listen, simply wait.
Don't even wait.
Be quite still and solitary.
The world will freely offer itself to you.
To be unmasked, it has no choice.
It will roll in ectasy at your feet." ~Franz Kafka

********************************

CREOLE DEBUTANTE
By Tom Robbins

She went to the School of
Miss Crocodile,
learned to walk backwards,
skin a black cat with her teeth.

Soon, she could dance with
dead pirates,
cook perfect gumbo,
telephone the moon collect.

But it took 23 doctors to
fix her
after she kissed that snake.

From: "Wild Ducks Flying Backward",

*********************************


I leave you with a photo of my Moonflowers and the elusive Sphinx Moth. Or this might be the Tobacco Moth. Either way, they're beautiful. I hope the pictures show up this time!! xoxo

Love & Blessings,
Marion

9 comments:

quid said...

Kafka wants us to "be quite still and solitary"... as I age, that gets more and more possible for me.

Those years of "ants in my pants" appear to be gone. We're just kickin' back this weekend.

quid

Kelly said...

Look at Cody roll!!! He's so cute!

I love the Kafka quote. Despite my short attention span, I have no trouble sitting and quietly doing nothing. It's when I get some of my best ideas.
:)

Ben Ditty said...

The pics aren't loading :/

But liked the quotes!

Margaret Pangert said...

Hi Marion~ I didn't get the photos, either... I loved the poem, though: but kiss just one snake... !

Marion said...

Well, f**k a duck, my photos were here yesterday, now they're gone. I'll try to reload them later today. Busy catching up with my guilty pleasure, "The Real Housewives of Atlanta". LOL! I know, there's nothing real about them....and yet, and yet....

Serena said...

Why not Robbins and Kafka, indeed! Works for me. I can't see the photos -- stupid flippin' Blogger -- but I know Cody's still a cutie.

ds said...

Yippee! I've got the photos and they're wonderful (so whatever you did to fix the problem worked)!
Only you would put Kafka and Tom Robbins together, though it makes sense, in a weird way.
Love, love the moonflower and the moth!
Thank you, Marion.

Kelly said...

Okay. I'm losing my mind. I would swear the first time I commented it was Cody rolling in that top photo. Now it appears to be one of the cats!

Wine and Words said...

"Don't even wait.
Be quite still and solitary.
The world will freely offer itself to you."

Ah Marion. That is like pie. Marionberry pie. The crust is so light an flaky it melts in my mouth. And the burst of tart berry makes all things seem possible.