Thursday, May 10, 2018

Some Prolixity

I love reading James Lee Burke's books.  He's been in my forever top 10 for well over 20 years. 

Lots of Snapdragons this year

Spider and excellent web looking down into in my half empty water barrel.

Sunny, in the Azaleas loving her John Lennon shirt from Spain.

Tee Joy and Pink, chilling in their outfits made by an Italian artist.

Molly, in her new outfit made by a London artist.

Blondie, wearing her outfit created by a talented Canadian graphic artist and doll collector.

Tee Joy and Sunny, sisters from Detroit, customized by an artist who also makes Blythe clothes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Some quotes for Domestic Violence Survivors


                           

 



2 comments:

Kelly said...

I've had Neon Rain (first in the series?) sitting on my shelf for years, unread. I really need to read it!

Marion said...

Kelly, READ IT! LOL!

About a year or so ago, I put all my Dave Robicheaux books by Burke in chronological order and read all 20(!) until I'd read them all. It was bittersweet and like taking a nostalgic trip through my life because I'd flash back on when I first read the books. I still remember vividly the first time I read one of his books. It blew my mind! The artistry and raw, brutal emotion! As a prolific literate, avid reader, to find THIS QUALITY of magnificent writing in a murder mystery series set in New Iberia, Louisiana AND written by a hometown man was wild. I met him soon after at the Louisiana Book Festival and it was a highlight of my reading life. I still recall a line in that first book. He was describing a criminal character sitting in a honky tonk bar and said, "He had a face like an iron skillet." I was floored! What poetry and originality. He ruined me forever for mediocre writers. Great memories!!! xo