Tuesday, August 11, 2015

CLOUD PHARMACY by Susan Rich

www.fantasywire.co.uk/ - Fantasy Wire fairy sculptures of fairies made from wire by a sculptor in Oakamoor Staffordshire near Alton Towers in the U.K.



                                          Antique apothecary cabinet

                    Fantasy Wire Fairies Sculptures  -  www.fantasywire.co.uk/
                               
                                                         ==============

CLOUD PHARMACY by Susan Rich

How many apothecary drawers
could I fill with these deliberations?

The pharmacist’s paper cone
parsing out a quarter cup

of love’s resistant drug,
spoons measuring new prescriptions

for my uncertainty, hipsway, gesture.
Give me cobalt bottles

leftover from aunt iska’s cures,
albastrons of ointments, resins to resolve

the double-helix of desire inside of me.
Where is the votive, the vessel,

the slide rule calculation—
to know how much good love

alchemically speaking is
good enough?

I want spindrift nights on swimmer’s
thighs. I want an Egyptian

elevator inlaid in camphorwood and ivory;
a West African drumbeat, an eggnog, a god.

I want waves and summer all year long.
I want you. And I want more.

From the awesome book: "CLOUD PHARMACY" by Susan Rich

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What marvelous fairy sculptures!!

Vandana Sharma said...

So beautiful and out of the box idea and an equally compelling poem.

Serena said...

Both the poem and the photos -- just beautiful!
xo

Marion said...

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate you all stopping by. xo