Friday, January 24, 2014

Dust of Snow by Robert Frost....We Have Snow!!!

It's snowing here for the first time in many, many moons.  The silence is awesome.  I woke at 2 a.m. and noticed the glow coming through a window.  It was the gorgeous, white, magical snow.  We got about three inches.  (Don't laugh, you yanks!)  I can't wait for the kids in the neighborhood to wake up and see this.  It'll probably be gone by tomorrow, but it's like a gift, a beautiful, rare gift from Mother Nature.  I immediately thought of one of my favorite Robert Frost poems.  Enjoy!  xo

DUST OF SNOW
By Robert Frost
     
The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
 
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.



6:00 a.m. in the swamps of Louisiana....snow!
 
Only one of my cats would touch the snow...Gir, or course.  He's under my truck.
 
Natasha Blythe in the snow.
 
Let it snow...
 
 
 
 


 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow!! You got waaay more than my daughter! She'll be jealous, even though she was pretty happy with her tiny bit. Not a flake up here.

Fireblossom said...

I scoff at your southern snow! But I like little Natasha, she's stylin' madly.

Marion said...

Kelly, we're still amazed. It's sunny today, but the snow's still here, but melting. Was awesome while it lasted. xo

Shay, thanks for making me laugh out loud. I know it's pathetic compared to everyone in the great frozen...everywhere. LOL! Yes, Natasha was dressed and even put her own hat on. I'm guessing she's Russian. ;-) xo