Friday, April 3, 2009

I Am An Alphabet Woman






I post here one of my favorite poems written by me and inspired by the poet, Anne Waldman, who was inspired by the Shaman Woman, Maria Sabina. I challenge everyone to write their own alphabet poem. April = Poetry Month!!!!


ALPHABET WOMAN
By Marion Lawless


I am an Alphabet woman, a magician with words.

I am a Book woman, reading to stay alive.

I am a Creative woman, forming art from garbage.

I am a Dragonfly woman, flying between the worlds.

I am an Earth woman, friends with the trees and flowers.

I am a Flying woman, soaring nightly in my dreams.

I am a Gardening woman, tiller of soil and soul.

I am an Herbal woman, creator of magical potions.

I am an Intuitive woman, looking beyond facades.

I am a Joyous woman, thankful to be alive.

I am a Kind woman, treating others with respect.

I am a Learning woman, hungry for knowledge.

I am a Moon woman, in tune with Lunar cycles.

I am a Nature woman, hearing the earth's heartbeat.

I am an Ocean woman, drawn by the pull of the tides.

I am a Poet woman, midwife to little poems.

I am a Questioning woman, ever seeking mystery.

I am a Reading woman, devourer of words.

I am a Survival woman, grown stronger with every challenge.

I am a Tattooed woman, wearing my spirit on my skin.

I am an Understanding woman, full of empathy.

I am a Victorious woman, over-comer of obstacles large and small.

I am a Word woman, happiest when immersed in a book or writing.

I am an X-ray woman, seeing though life's illusions.

I am a Yin-Yang woman, ever seeking balance.

I am a Zealous woman, passionate about truth, life and love.

By Marion Lawless

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Your new blog looks great!!! And the best part is that I'm able to get into it and comment without getting kicked off!!

Yay!!!

Cindy said...

Hooray! You have a new blog and it works. I love the alphabet poem...and everything.

quid said...

Beautiful poem! Gots to catch up for poetry month. Hugs. Quido